Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What banks finance HUD owned properties

tag
neptunejcw
Regular Contributor

What banks finance HUD owned properties

I'm trying to but a foreclosure house that is owned by HUD. Unfortunately I was told by Centier Bank that they do not finance HUD owned properties so I'm trying to figure out who/what banks will finance that kind of property. The property is in excellent condition. The people didn't mess it up when they moved out so I'm just trying find a lender that will finance me. I live in Northwest Indiana. Thanks
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: What banks finance HUD owned properties

That is kind of a weird guideline to have.  There is an FHA HUD purchase program that allows you to use the already completed FHA appraisal that HUD did on the property, perhaps that was the program they said they wouldn't do?  HUD can be a picky seller though, often times it is hard to get homes dewinterized for an appraisal which can throw a wrench into things.  May want to try out a mortgage lender/company instead of a bank, usually you will find they have more loan programs.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.