Regular Contributor
kasowell

What can I get with 648

I've raised my FICO to 648. What can I expect to get in a mortgage now or should I wait until it gets to a higher number. What should be my realistic target number?
Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani

Re: What can I get with 648

Score isn't everything. We need more details.
Regular Contributor
OneMortgageGuy

Its funny how people think the score is everything! Depending on your credit histroy and a few other things... You can still get a FHA loan with a low rate even if you have a low fico. I have a borrower now that have a 636 Fico and we are doing a 97 percent loan at 6.625. Shop around and remember that you need more than a fico to buy a home.:smileyhappy:

Tuscani wrote:

Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani

OneMortgageGuy wrote:
Its funny how people think the score is everything! Depending on your credit histroy and a few other things... You can still get a FHA loan with a low rate even if you have a low fico. I have a borrower now that have a 636 Fico and we are doing a 97 percent loan at 6.625. Shop around and remember that you need more than a fico to buy a home.:smileyhappy:

Tuscani wrote:

I know!

And wow, nice deal!
Regular Contributor
kasowell

I was just wanting a general idea. We make about 125,000.00 per year and are looking at buying in the next 6 months. We will have about a 20% total of utilized debt to credit limit. WE alos will have about 10% debt to income or less. So what might we expect? I still wonder what should be realistic FICO score goal. I know that the score isn't everything but what score should we realistically shoot for that might make a mortgage company drool over us as a customer.
becka

2 years ago I got a $105k FHA loan at 6% fixed for 30 years (I think I was pre-approved for $120-130k). My score was at 620, I made $45k. I had some lates which I PIF and 1 CO, but no current CC debt.
Regular Contributor
ronq

Get your UTL down to 1-3% and your score will go up more than you might think.
EX. 780 TU 794.
Regular Contributor
OneMortgageGuy

With your score you can get 100 percent now but Im not sure about your credit or income.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}