cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What decides if my loan is considered Jumbo or not?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What decides if my loan is considered Jumbo or not?

Does the sale price or borrowing amount determine if a loan is considered Jumbo?  My sales price is $475K but I am only borrowing $375K.  With a mid score of 718 I was suprised when my broker was suggesting interest of 7%.  Update: Just got a call that a 15 day lock with my mid of 718 would be 6.375.  I think that sounds better.  TO bad it looks like I will need to push closing back a few months if my buyer can't get their mortgage.

Thanks

Message Edited by chrislo on 11-07-2008 11:38 AM
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: What decides if my loan is considered Jumbo or not?

Loan amount!!

I have people put down enough money to get in under the limit all of the time.

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 4
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Update: Just got a call that a 15 day lock with my mid of 718 would be 6.375.  I think that sounds better.

That is much better than 7%, work on getting it up to a 720 and you should see a .125% drop in rate.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 3 of 4
BrianB_The_Loan_Professor
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Update: Just got a call that a 15 day lock with my mid of 718 would be 6.375.  I think that sounds better.  Message Edited by chrislo on 11-07-2008 11:38 AM

That is about right for pricing as of Friday IF you were not being charged any origination.

If you are paying any points at all that may be a little high....good luck on the buyers mortgage - double close deals are stressful.

Brian

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Brian B The Loan Professor
Mortgage Banker - offering FHA, VA, USDA , and Conventional mortgages in all 50 states -

If I do not respond to a follow up question please feel free to contact me directly
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.