Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do I ask my broker on my first visit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What do I ask my broker on my first visit

I am a first time homebuyer and am seeing a broker for the first time today. I was wondering if it is customary to go over the brokers fee structure?? Are there any questions that I should be asking the broker? I have submitted a bunch of paperwork already and I believe they are planning on running my preapproval before I arrive.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What do I ask my broker on my first visit

Mine went very well as he throughly explain the company and how they're pride on their past customer referals. (must be good to get referals from others right?) Smiley Happy

I ask him to always give me honest answers and do not let me dig around the bush. Must be true and willing to explain to me the process. I want to know what to expect and what to do next after the current process.

He started asking me about my situations. Don't leave anything out (collections, late payment, etc...) The more they know, the better they can work for you.

He later explain about the fee and I accepted it. The step afterward was to meet with a LO. I went and met with the LO and submit all paperworks and pre-approved. He then told me the next step is going back to the Agent get him to find me a house. We are still house hunting.

That's how mine went. Hope that helps.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.