Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do I qualify for?

tag
meehan22
Frequent Contributor

What do I qualify for?

1. Credit. 702 TU, 680+ on Experian/Equifax
  2. Income.  Last year W2 28K.  Have some part time income from fathers rental business. Usually less than 2k a year. 
  3. Source of income.  Full time job, 2 years in May at current position.  
  4. Monthly debt payments.  NONE. Own vehicle outright. 
  5. Employment (for those who are employed).  Full time, hourly + monthly bonus. Hourly is $12/hr bonus can be zero to a couple thousand. For the sake of mortgage and debt i'd like to look at payments as if I didn't have a bonus (its how I do my budget). Which is in the neighborhood of 24k. 
  6. Assets/Reserves.  paid for 2007 Jeep Liberty. 5k savings. 
  7. Location.  Few different area's in am metro area and depending on USDA/FHA/Etc. Sioux Falls, Tea, Brandon, Lennox, Harrisburg in South Dakota. Minnehaha and Lincoln counties. 
  8. Property.  Single family. 
  9. Value.  Not sure? 80K-110K. Found a home on USDA Website thats a repo that is a newer 2003 home w/ double stall attached garage. 
  10. Occupancy.  Primary residence.
  11. Transaction Type.  Purchase. Maybe in the summer as my scores keep approving and get 6 months age on a couple newer credit cards. 

Single with no dependents. Ugly CR past from 7 years ago with 9 judgements and 1 tax lien. All paid and beginning to fall off this year. No collections showing anymore.

Confused with USDA of what with my income that I would be approved for? Cant have a calculator anywhere for it. Considering a cheap duplex as well and going FHA. Duplex can be have for less than 100k and rent would pay the mortgage and hopefully the headaches wont be to bad. Smiley Happy Keeping my options open till I get everything out on paper with USDA/FHA/Etc. And it is my understanding that USDA doesn't do multiple family units and has to be a primary residence, but I am not sure for how long . Maybe a future rental property if I marry my current girlfriend down the road and if i went that route it'd be much cheaper than 100k purchase. 

Can anyone offer me some insight on what USDA/FHA may approve me for? That will better help me look at the market and the area's around the Sioux Falls metro to decide if I want to single family or a duplex and my plans a couple years down the road. 

Wallet: Chase $6,000 - Discover $1,500 - Walmart $2,200 - Voyage FCU $1,300 - Zales $2,300 - Elan Fin: $12,500(AU, reporting) - Chase $8,500 (AU, reporting) 1% UTL
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.