Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do you need to take to closing?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What do you need to take to closing?

I have been told that I should have a close date by June 30th.  We are waiting on the appraisal.  I was told by the LO that all I would need is a pen.  But I don't want any surprises like more bank statements or pay check stubs.  I gave them all of that info this past Wednesday.  Will I be required to bring anything? 
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What do you need to take to closing?

Bring your checkbook just in case some fees got forgotten etc....this happens a lot.
Message 2 of 5
JuliaTN
New Contributor

There shouldn't be any last minute checks to be written or paperwork to be submitted. You will be given a $ amount at least 24 hrs ahead of time for which you will need a cashier's check. Around here at least, the settlement agent needs to make a copy of your driver's license as well.

And most title companies give out good pens with their names imprinted on them as if they were candy, so no pen is necessarySmiley Tongue
Message 3 of 5
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

copy of your driver's license and yourself(with well stretched fingers or the signing marathon)
also need a cashiers check for any closing costs/down payment not covered by seller.

Retired Lender
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, I'll keep you all posted on the progress. 
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.