cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do you think our chances are?? Steps we should take??

tag
aikenks
Established Member

What do you think our chances are?? Steps we should take??

My husband and I are really eager to buy this summer if possible. Our income is decent, and his time on the job and same field of work are excellent. I am working, but just recently (since September) due to taking a year off to be with our two young children that we have adopted. I am working in the field that my degree is in, and I am hoping that taking the year off won't penalize us too badly. When we apply, we will have 10,000 for a down payment toward a loan in the 130,000 to 140,000 range, and 3 credit cards paid off to zero (the newest card being over a year old). 2 car loans showing, one paid in full, and one almost a year old with no lates. Here is where I think we may run into problems : a car repo on my credit report that is 6 years old and due to fall off my report 7/13. The amount owed is 6,800 and it is past the SOL. I also have Several student loans on my report that are showing closed, balance 0, but still showing several 120 day lates. About a year ago I got them out of default and they are now current with a new loan company. The SL accounts are due to drop off on 11/13. Our scores are in the mid 600's. We are both first time home buyers in VT.

I am hoping some to the experts on this site would like offer their opinions on my chances for a FHA loan?  

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: What do you think our chances are?? Steps we should take??

Is the $6800 a judgment or is it just a charge off?

Message 2 of 3
aikenks
Established Member

Re: What do you think our chances are?? Steps we should take??

thanks for the reply! No, the 6800 is not a judgement, just a charge off. Vermont's SOL is 6 years, so I am assuming that since it is 6 years old, that they can not pursue a judgement against us for it.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.