cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does my score have to be to get a home loan?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What does my score have to be to get a home loan?

Hello,

I am working on getting my credit back on track, last time I checked it last month on freecreditreport.com it only showed my 1 score from Equifax, and it was 562.  It has been 562 since February, and I have worked on paying off almost all of my old debt in collections, and trying to get a CC in my name to establish a good credit history. I want to get a home loan by August of Next year, and I do not know what CS I need for a home loan? Does it differ, or is it pretty much the same across the board, on who I try to lend from? I am so scared that because of the bank crisis right now, no one will risk lending me money  unless I have perfect credit, which i know I will not have by August of next year, Atleast I don;t thik I would. I am not sure how long it takes for CS's to go back up. Any advise would be great, thank you!

Art

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: What does my score have to be to get a home loan?

Generally, lenders look for a middle FICO score (or a lower of the two middle scores between you and spouse if married) of at least 620.

Any score pulled from freecreditreport.com is NOT a FICO score. Ignore those scores.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.