cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does this mean? And should I just throw in the towel?

tag
working-hard-atit
Contributor

What does this mean? And should I just throw in the towel?

The is what the senior loan officer sent me today:

"My underwriting system is not giving an “approve/eligible” but rather a “refer/eligible” which means the file has to be fully underwritten by a human underwriter and it will be that person’s discretion whether it’s approved.  They look for a debt to income ratio less than 45% (yours appears to be 43%) and at least 3 credit lines that have been paid on time for 12 month".

Is there hope?

Starting Score:TU 580 EX ? 1/7/2013
Current Score:TU 659 4/2/2013 EX 650 4/20/2013
Goal Score: 670

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: What does this mean? And should I just throw in the towel?

@working-hard-atit wrote:

"My underwriting system is not giving an “approve/eligible” but rather a “refer/eligible” which means the file has to be fully underwritten by a human underwriter and it will be that person’s discretion whether it’s approved.  They look for a debt to income ratio less than 45% (yours appears to be 43%) and at least 3 credit lines that have been paid on time for 12 month".

Is there hope?

i do manual underwrites all of the time.

there is good hope

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 7
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

I think you are still in pretty good shape...the process will just require more hoops and may take longer. Do you have at least 3 open trade lines reporting for at least 12 months in good standing?
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 3 of 7
working-hard-atit
Contributor

@MovingForward_2012 wrote:
I think you are still in pretty good shape...the process will just require more hoops and may take longer. Do you have at least 3 open trade lines reporting for at least 12 months in good standing?

Yes, I do and they're all in good standing, I hope this isn't a set back.  Thanks fotr te info!!

Message 4 of 7
working-hard-atit
Contributor

@DallasLoanGuy wrote:

@working-hard-atit wrote:

Is there hope?

i do manual underwrites all of the time.

there is good hope

Glad to hear this, It just made me feel a little better.  The LO said we should be able to close April 30th!!!

Message 5 of 7
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

That's GREAT!!! I think you will be just fine. Keep chugging forward OP! Smiley Very Happy
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 6 of 7
playboy
Regular Contributor

No worries OP. A lot of people have gone through manual underwriting including myself. From the info u provided u should be ok.

Starting Score: EX 575/TU 534/EQ 570
Current Scores per Myfico: (As of 12-14-13) EX 690/EQ 685/TU 679
Goal Score: 720

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.