Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What else can happen?

tag
Jess21
Frequent Contributor

Re: What else can happen?

hahaha This is what i did a year ago, no regrets

Equifax: 676 (myfico) Experian: 683(myfico) TransUnion: 689 (Barclays)

Current Goal: 700
Message 11 of 12
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: What else can happen?

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm gonna guess the sofware the CA uses to scan the bureaus sniffed a mortgage application in your name come in and flagged ya.  I dunno for sure, but anyone who would go through this much trouble for 5 dollars is not really interested in the money, as much as they just want to stick it to ya.  It is what it is.  I don't know if a 5 dollar collection takes as much from ya score as a 3k so I'd watch the fico scores.  Advise your LO you discovered it and see what he/she says on how to proceed.  It could well be they don't have to pull your bureau again.

Under the mortgage trifecta of scores, a collection is a collection is a collection.

Known to be stupid, changed in FICO 8, but hardly anyone except a possibly a few portfolio lenders uses that.

@OP: Time Warner sucks, they kept billing my account after I closed it, but unfortunately I didn't find out about that until years later after I'd already paid a collection on it.  Sadly I have no choice where I'm going to be moving, rest of the providers are worse but for damned sure going to make certain I stay on top of them this time... and next time know not to just pay a collection out of hand Cat Tongue

        
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.