Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happened? Am I still in?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What happened? Am I still in?

House buying question, not so much about mortgages. And in all honesty, I'm just being impatient.

Here's what happened:
A week ago, I put an offer on a house.
Over the past week they've countered, I've countered, they've countered, and this Thursday (2 days ago), I countered one last time.
The bank that owns the property (foreclosed home) has not communicated anything back to us since my last counter.

Yesterday, the property was pulled off realty websites and says that it is "under contract".

What are the chances that they accepted my offer and just haven't told me yet?
What are the chances that after working with me for a week, they accepted someone else's offer in 24 hours (between Thurs/Fri) and just haven't told me?

If one could explode from WAITING - I think I'd do it. Maybe that's where spontaneous combustion comes from...

Smiley Very Happy
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: What happened? Am I still in?

if they were countering you, they should not be entertaining new offers until they are done with you. Which sounds like good news unless they refused your last counter and took another offer.

Flip a coin.

What does the realtor say?
Retired Lender
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Shnapple...........I'm dealing with a similar situation myself....I have been waiting a month.....I'm hoping I can have everything done before my lease ends on August 31st ...My realtor told me to be patient.....easy for him to say.....Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Aug 31? I'd be stressing out. My lease is up Oct 31. Rent will go up from $1215 to $1255 and to go month-to-month (until I find a place) it will be about $1350 or so.

Realtor isn't really speculating at this point. I'm driving my kids crazy this weekend because I just want to KNOW if I got the house. I'm calling my realtor tomorrow morning and asking him to pretty please call the bank and ask what's up.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Didn't get it - AGAIN. Apparently someone came in with a bigger/better offer after mine and they took it immediately.

Someday a house will be mine, oh yes, someday.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.