cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happens at a Signing Appointment?

tag
LynGene
New Contributor

Re: What happens at a Signing Appointment?

So I just closed on the house we sold, and now I have to throw in my 2 cents on the grub!  Of course the rest was just signing our first born away, but that was expected.

In the waiting area, we had candy & drink options, but I can't recall what the candy options were.  I was anxious.  In the signing room, we had the same drink options (water & canned sodas), cookies & a cracker/meat/cheese tray.  We didn't eat any, but y'all are making me wish we had!!

Message 21 of 32
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

you had crackers/meat/cheese tray in the signing room?  I surely hope it was sitting on ice.  Smiley Happy

AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 22 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm feeling totally bilked... we were only offered bottled water at our signing. Smiley Sad

Message 23 of 32
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm feeling totally bilked... we were only offered bottled water at our signing. Smiley Sad

^^^This is what is typical ....occassionally the title co will have 'home made' cookies but not a meat and cheese tray and I have been to over 1000 closings. Having said that, they are usually only about 40 minutes so most people want to jump up and go to their new home! Smiley Tongue

Message 24 of 32
mynameainttracy
Established Contributor

We did have gourmet looking cookies and some mini cupcakes. I tried to control myself, especially since I had already stress ate an extra 15 pounds through the building/mortgage process.

Message 25 of 32
LynGene
New Contributor

@frugalQ wrote:

you had crackers/meat/cheese tray in the signing room?  I surely hope it was sitting on ice.  Smiley Happy

hahaha!  She tried to encourage us to eat the stuff because they throw it away if we don't.  I will say it was a small amount to make you all feel better.  Smiley Happy

Message 26 of 32
InvincibleSummer3
Established Contributor

UPDATE: my lender, who I adore, brought champagne! I had half a glass, and as a 'welcome to your new home' gift, they had put together a gift bag with a bottle of wine and a hammer. The tag said "Take a break from all your hard work and get hammered - Happy New Home!"

Very sweet. Smiley Happy

Message 27 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@InvincibleSummer3 wrote:

UPDATE: my lender, who I adore, brought champagne! I had half a glass, and as a 'welcome to your new home' gift, they had put together a gift bag with a bottle of wine and a hammer. The tag said "Take a break from all your hard work and get hammered - Happy New Home!"

Very sweet. Smiley Happy

Very nice... Congrats on your new home.  I also hope you took the rest of the open champagne bottle with you as you leftSmiley SurprisedSmiley Tongue

Message 28 of 32
InvincibleSummer3
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@InvincibleSummer3 wrote:

Very sweet. Smiley Happy

Very nice... Congrats on your new home.  I also hope you took the rest of the open champagne bottle with you as you leftSmiley SurprisedSmiley Tongue

I am not ashamed to say we killed the bottle....between the title company rep, my mortgage broker, her assistant, my realtor and me? It was gone. 

What can I say? This is Nevada. We're fun people.

Message 29 of 32
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

Y'all got the party started right!!!
AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 30 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.