cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happens to my USDA Rural Development Guaranteed Loan Now?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What happens to my USDA Rural Development Guaranteed Loan Now?

Hi everyone!

We got approved through the bank for our USDA Rural Development Guaranteed Loan conditional upon the appraisal.  When the appraisal comes in, they said that they will then forward everything to the USDA for final approval.  Does anyone know what the USDA will be looking for in the application?  Is it similar to the bank's underwriting, or more stringent, or less stringent?  Do they look for conditions such as if the house/buyer qualifies more than the bank does?  Basically, I am just curious as to what the focus of their underwriting will be, and what I can expect.  I have been very stressed over the bank's underwriting, but was wondering if I still need to stress over the USDA's as well? Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Tpelc23
Regular Contributor

Re: What happens to my USDA Rural Development Guaranteed Loan Now?

They are doublw checking that you meet the income requirements, dti ratios are at or below their requirement and the area qualifies. You will be fine if already approved by your bank they are just doing a double check
2/28/12 -TU FICO 646 3/28/12 TU-FICO 647 4/19/20 TU-662,
2/28/12 - EQ FICO 557 3/14/12- EQ FICO 600 3/16/12 EQ FICO 623, EQ FICO 628, 7/2/12 662
2/20/12 - EXP FAKO 620 3/16/12 FAKO 631 FAKO 643 3/28/12 655 (MTG pull) 5/7/12 698

CURRENT GOAL MID 640 LONGTERM 700 CLUBSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What happens to my USDA Rural Development Guaranteed Loan Now?

Fantastic, thank you for your input!  Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.