cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What if a collection is completely inaccurate?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What if a collection is completely inaccurate?

My lender wants all collections paid at closing for FHA. That's fine for all but one. I have one from an old rental company and its a wreck. On my credit report, it states the original debt was 9k and its now 13k. The problem? I have the original invoice and it was 3k, plus the prop manager admitted via email that $600 was inaccurate AND $587 of it is the final water bill that wasn't paid by them and is another separate collection. All of that drops the real amount owed to less than 2k.

I have done three rounds of disputes with the CRAs and sent in all this proof but they haven't budged. Currently this account isn't on their list of collections to be paid for some reason but I'm concerned it'll pop up before closing.

Is there any kind of exception for FHA collections that can be proven to be inaccurate?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What if a collection is completely inaccurate?

I also have my objection to this debt in writing. The prop management co ignored it and sent me to collections in 2012. The collection agency has never contacted me.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.