New Contributor
xazilizax

What if......appraisal.....

The house I have under contract was listed at $89,900, but I offered $96,040 because there were several other offers and I really wanted the house. The seller accepted my offer and will be covering $2885.00 of closing costs (3%).

I'm a little bit confused in my scenario in regards to appraisal (which I have not completed yet, but will next week).  If the appraisal comes back at, let's say $93,000, do I have to ask the seller to drop the price to $93,000 (plus he still pays the 3% closing)?  Or.... how does that work?

What if it's appraised under his asking price?

Valued Contributor
tooleman694

Re: What if......appraisal.....

You will have to come up with more dough, if there were other offers I doubt they would drop the price. I wouldnt.

Super Contributor
DallasLoanGuy

Re: What if......appraisal.....

the negotiations start over.

expect them to ask you to cover as much of the difference as you expect from them.....

and they might just say $93k and NO CLOSING COSTS

* While I try to visit the forum often, please feel free to contact me directly with a link to your post if I fail to answer a follow up question.

* Lending across the entire 'Great State of Texas' since 2004

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}