Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is a credit supplement??

tag
musikklvr
Frequent Contributor

What is a credit supplement??

I got my committment letter and one of the conditions stated that the lender had to get a credit supplement for an old collection on my credit report. My lender said underwriting was doing a credit supplement but haven't heard anything yet and said everything else is fine. He said they have to get in touch with the credit company??

What does this mean?

Thanks!

Starting Score: 668
Current Score: 712
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: What is a credit supplement??

one thing about this business is that some terms can have different meaning from company to company.

but, likely, this means that the u/w wants an account updated/verified on the credit report. so, whatever service company the lender uses to pull credit will get the account updated to:

- bring it up to date

- prove it is really paid or is really as a result of a much older account

- clear up any confusion about the account, ect

a lot of times, this is just a formality and for the file. not always a deal killer 

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

one thing about this business is that some terms can have different meaning from company to company.

but, likely, this means that the u/w wants an account updated/verified on the credit report. so, whatever service company the lender uses to pull credit will get the account updated to:

- bring it up to date

- prove it is really paid or is really as a result of a much older account

- clear up any confusion about the account, ect

a lot of times, this is just a formality and for the file. not always a deal killer 

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 3
musikklvr
Frequent Contributor

Thanks Dallas! My LO said they wanted to find out what I really owed on it. I doubt if they even hear from them.

My LO said I have a clean file other than that and also told me not to worry about it. I just don't want to have to come up with extra money when that is due to fall off in a couple of months.

Starting Score: 668
Current Score: 712
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.