cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is a good company to refinance my mortgage with?

tag
gummiebear
New Contributor

What is a good company to refinance my mortgage with?

I want to refinance my mortgage in May 2013. I don't know where to go because i want a good company. And what are points?

By the way, I was just notified that I was transferred to Ocwen mortgage (from GMAC). 

Also how long do you have to be employed... or do you have to be employed.  I have had this mortgage almost 11 years (never refinanced).

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: What is a good company to refinance my mortgage with?

@gummiebear wrote:

I want to refinance my mortgage in May 2013  ask friends/family/coworkers for a recommendation. I don't know where to go because i want a good company. And what are points?  points are prepaid interest. called different things, they are really the same. they are a way to buy down the interest rate.  for ex:  you could get 3.875% with no points or 3.625% for 1 point (1 point = 1% of loan amount). points dont have to be 1 or 2. it could be 1/2 or 1/4 point too.

By the way, I was just notified that I was transferred to Ocwen mortgage (from GMAC). 

Also how long do you have to be employed... two yrs in the same line of wok for fha(with some exceptions) and no rule about conventional or do you have to be employed. no. but you need income  I have had this mortgage almost 11 years (never refinanced).

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.