cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the highest DTI Ratio allowed when you have a 25-30% down payment?

tag
chevydude26
Contributor

Re: What is the highest DTI Ratio allowed when you have a 25-30% down payment?

there is more than a  2 year tax history on the rental income its just on my parents income tax. Tenants have been there for years and i've had bank of america and Chase loan officers tell me the rental income was useable and that you can use 75% of it. You have to show 2 cancelled checks the lease and the appraiser has to see the apartment and check the value.
Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you are applying for the loan, you can not in any circumstances count income that is on someone else's tax forms.  If they are going to be on the loan that is another story.  If that is the case, then all of their debts and income would be counted.  They can not "assign" the income to you no matter who the checks were written to, where they were cashed, etc.  It has to have been on your taxes.  The loan officer will only check the lease and the previous rental checks possibly, the UW will require proof of that income as claimed taxable income if you want to use it to qualify.
Message 12 of 14
chevydude26
Contributor

even with fha?
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

FHA, VA Conventional,  USDA,  all of them.  You can not use someone else's income to qualify for a loan period.   
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.