Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the sweet spot???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the sweet spot???

I am going to apply for a mortgage after the first of the year and I am paying off my credit cards TODAY and wondering how much I should pay for the maximum value to my credit?  I have 3 CC.  first one with a balance of 844, credit limit of 1070.  Second one has a CL of 900, balance of 500, then one with CL of 525, balance of 159.  I know I've heard to not pay them all off, do I pay all of and keep one at a 10% balance?  Please help!  Ready to pay off all of them today if need me, but want to be strategic about it!!

My scoreds are around 610 and I would like a quick boost

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What is the sweet spot???

@Anonymous wrote:

I am going to apply for a mortgage after the first of the year and I am paying off my credit cards TODAY and wondering how much I should pay for the maximum value to my credit?  I have 3 CC.  first one with a balance of 844, credit limit of 1070.  Second one has a CL of 900, balance of 500, then one with CL of 525, balance of 159.  I know I've heard to not pay them all off, do I pay all of and keep one at a 10% balance?  Please help!  Ready to pay off all of them today if need me, but want to be strategic about it!!

My scoreds are around 610 and I would like a quick boost

Best strategy would be to pay off the $900 and $525 limits, and pay down the $1070 card to around $50. Best of luck! Your score will see the biggest boost with all cards at $0 except for one card at 1%-9% of its respective limit.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.