cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What kind of rates do you think I'll get?

tag
lagb
Contributor

What kind of rates do you think I'll get?

We are going for an FHA loan with 3% down  and should be closing by Sept 30.  My LO just ran our credit and came up with the mid scores of 599 and 611 for my hubby and me.  The scores are very low and unjustified in my mind because of some mistakes and a merged report that I'm still trying to get straightened out.  We've had no lates in the past two years, but our payment history looks crappy because we haven't used much credit in the past 5 years or so, and we each have a paid collection on our reports that I'm trying to GW right now.  I know if I can those GW'd, our scores would go up, but not in time for a closing for sure.  We gave in and each got small CCs a couple months ago to show good payment history, but it's still too soon to really make a difference on the reports.

What kind of rates do you think is reasonable to think we'll get with those scores?  The LO says we will have no problem with the loan amount ($150k) because we have great income and the ratios look good.  We've been pre-approved, but he's waiting on our documentation to give us the formal letter, but is confident about my figures that it'll be no problem.  He's just thorough and wants the pay stubs,etc before putting it in writing.

But I forgot to ask what he thinks would be a good estimation of our interest rate.  Any thoughts?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: What kind of rates do you think I'll get?

between 6.75% - 7% would be fair.

IMO
Retired Lender
Message 2 of 5
BrianB_The_Loan_Professor
Valued Contributor

That is so hard to say as they are changing daily. If you locked now you could likely get mid to high 6's
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Brian B The Loan Professor
Mortgage Banker - offering FHA, VA, USDA , and Conventional mortgages in all 50 states -

If I do not respond to a follow up question please feel free to contact me directly
Message 3 of 5
lagb
Contributor

Thanks, I'd be happy with that!
Message 4 of 5
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

get over 600 and you would get a slightly better deal

Retired Lender
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.