cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What’s my first step??

tag
Nikki2015

What’s my first step??

I am finally to the point where I feel ready to apply for my first home loan within the next 6 months. I have researched a local builder in my area that I am certain I want to go with but I am not sure how I should proceed. My mortgage scores are all mid 700’s across the board. My debt is nonexistent. My savings are great. My income right now is my only hold up. I make a good wage for the area that I live, but I am single and recently transferred to a new position within the company that I have been working for for the last 7 years. This position has inconsistent hours, and as a registered nurse I am an hourly employee, so I don’t feel comfortable applying until I can get out of this area in March of next year. I have read that you should approach the builder before you are ready to fully apply to get the ball rolling, but do I need to contact a bank first for pre approval? Should I hire a real estate agent, and if so when during the process should I hire them? Any advise is appreciated.
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.