Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's my home worth, refinance

tag
907grown
Established Contributor

What's my home worth, refinance

so I closed on my home 13months ago. My scores were bad, but managed to pull an FHA loan.

at this point, I want to look at refinancing to a conventional loan. I am paying about 200.00 a month just in mortgage insurance. I plan to be in this home for 10 -12 years.

i paid 270000 for my home, but recent sales in my neighborhood have been at the 300,000 or better mark.

how do I find out what my home is worth and is it too soon to refi?

Starting Score: 460
Current Score: EQ 764, TU 764, EX 740,
BOA AK AIR 30,000, Discover IT 6300, Freedom 25,300, Barclays RMC 15,660, Ring 15,000, BCE 15,000, QS17,000,AARP 15,000, ChaseFU 8,000,AND A LOT MORE!
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: What's my home worth, refinance

It is not too early to refinance if the numbers work.

To find out the value of your home call two or more Realtors and have them prepare a market analysis for you. Make sure the Realtors are experienced so you have an accurate idea of value. A market analysis is free.

In the alternative you can hire an appraiser to get an appraised value. Appraisals cost money ($400 and up) and you will have to have another appraisal done by the lender because they won't accept an appraisal ordered by you.

On a conventional loan you don't have to pay mortgage insurance if your LTV is 80% or less.  Remember you will have to pay closing cost to refinance your loan.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.