Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's next?

tag
lifeiswhatImakeit
Valued Member

What's next?

Hi all,

I am so thankful for all the information that I have been able to find on this forum It has helped so much! In fact I have done my mortgage application and been pre-approved. Mid score 679. I am doing USDA. Ok so for some of the veterans on here I need to know what is really the next step. So far my lender has been great but of course we just started. My realtor I have known for years and I'm comfortable with. They have both given me some general ideas of what's coming up next. The house that my realtor gave me info on is pretty much exactly what I was wanting, (location, bedrooms, school zone, property,) so I have decided on a house. Ok so here's where I'm wanting some clarification. Once I make an offer are these the next steps on my end?

1. Inspection

2. Get Real Estate Attorney

3. Termite Letter

4. Appraisal/Credit Report Fee

5. Earnest Money

Is there a particular order that these things need to be done in? Missing anything?

Where do I go from here?

Thanks

Starting Score: 557 EQ 3/6/13
Current Score: 699 TU Wal-Mart 5/13/13
Goal Score: 700

Lender Pull 4-12-13 EQ 631 TU 679 EX 681
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
CapOne Visa, CapOne MC, OrchBank, BoA Platinum Visa, First Premier, Belk, JCPenney, Wal-Mart, Fingerhut
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
trix_r_4_kids
Regular Contributor

Re: What's next?

Shane wrote a really good post that outlines the whole process:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Mortgage-Loans/The-mortgage-pre-approval-process/td-p/696635

I used to post my scores here. However, I'm prone to motion sickness and the ups and downs were nauseating.
Message 2 of 5
lifeiswhatImakeit
Valued Member

Thanks. But I'm wanting to know my next role not the lenders. I've read that post before so I knew what to expect of my lender but I'm lost on what I'm responsible for.

CapOne Visa, CapOne MC, OrchBank, BoA Platinum Visa, First Premier, Belk, JCPenney, Wal-Mart, Fingerhut
Message 3 of 5
prince1969
New Contributor

One you submit an offer and it is accepted. Then you must put up the earnest money and sign a contract. You don't need a real estate attorney. You will want to do an inspection as soon as possible in case there are problems. The lender will have you sign paperwork and request documentation. They will order the appraisal and survey. Once all the paperwork is taken care of, then you go to underwriting provided you still want the house. You may or may not be able to select the title company of your choosing. At the closing, you sign all requested documents and make your downpayment. Once the money is transferred, you get the keys and house is yours.

4/13 Equifax 679 (Scorewatch), TU 695 (myfico), 703 (Walmart)

6/14 Experian 733 (myfico), Equifax 687 (Scorewatch), TU 693 (Walmart)
Message 4 of 5
lifeiswhatImakeit
Valued Member

Thank you so much. That was the info I wanted to know.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.