cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the real deal with conventional and fha dti???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What's the real deal with conventional and fha dti???

Is it 45% dti allowed or 50%? I have seen news articles about how the 50% is allowed but whenever I am on a mortgage forum or calculator they only acknowledge 43 or 45%. Does fha really allow 57% dti? Also is front end with either of these loans really only 28%? I live in an area where taxes are high so my dti is not on the low side with my debt included. My mom and I plan on going in together on the loan. My spouse makes 60k a year but will not be on the loan.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
VALoanMaster
Valued Contributor

Re: What's the real deal with conventional and fha dti???

@Anonymous wrote:
Is it 45% dti allowed or 50%? I have seen news articles about how the 50% is allowed but whenever I am on a mortgage forum or calculator they only acknowledge 43 or 45%. Does fha really allow 57% dti? Also is front end with either of these loans really only 28%? I live in an area where taxes are high so my dti is not on the low side with my debt included. My mom and I plan on going in together on the loan. My spouse makes 60k a year but will not be on the loan.

Hi Belief2017,

Conventional can go as high as 50% back end & FHA can go as high as 56.99%.

The front end ration can go over 28%. How far over is going to be dependent on what an AUS (automated underwriting system) will approve.

VA Mortgage Expert. Mortgage Banker lending in All 50 States.
VA, FHA, USDA. Jumbo, Conventional.
CAIVRS Expert.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much for a solid straight forward answer Valoanmaster.
Message 3 of 4
VALoanMaster
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Thank you so much for a solid straight forward answer Valoanmaster.

You're welcome.

VA Mortgage Expert. Mortgage Banker lending in All 50 States.
VA, FHA, USDA. Jumbo, Conventional.
CAIVRS Expert.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.