Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What scores do I need to start the proccess

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What scores do I need to start the proccess

Hello everyone,
I would like to know when should I start the proccess on buying a new home. I have had some credit problems and trying to rebuild my credit. My scores have come a long way and hoping and praying for a medium score of 650-700 soon. I have seen a wonderful new subdivision and the house I want is being built and will be finished give or take 5months from now. I want to try for a fha home loan but was told by someone that I could not apply for it because i was late one time on my current mortgage within the last 12 months is that true.
Thanks,
Looking4help
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: What scores do I need to start the proccess

looking4help wrote:
Hello everyone,
I would like to know when should I start the proccess on buying a new home. I have had some credit problems and trying to rebuild my credit. My scores have come a long way and hoping and praying for a medium score of 650-700 soon. I have seen a wonderful new subdivision and the house I want is being built and will be finished give or take 5months from now. I want to try for a fha home loan but was told by someone that I could not apply for it because i was late one time on my current mortgage within the last 12 months is that true.
Thanks,
Looking4help

not true.

automated underwriting can still aprove you..... but if it doesnt, then you will need to have a 12 month clean history to go thru a manual underwrite.

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What scores do I need to start the proccess

Hello,
Thank you, Dallas loan guy for your advice. I am so glad to hear it maybe I have a chance to get my dream home. I made the mistake of talking to a realtor at the building site an filled out an information card. They have been worrying me today about the next step. I don't want to run the credit right now because my scores are not that great. They are TU 648 EX 599 EQ 557. I want to wait until the medium score reaches 650. What should I do???????
Thanks
Looking4help
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.