cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to bring to first meeting with lender?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What to bring to first meeting with lender?

I did find a copy of it, but the original is not showing up. I am going to go ahead and apply to get a new card. I know I won't have the new one in time for when we apply for pre-approval, but I am sure it will be in by the time we find a house. 

Does anyone have advice about the retirement accounts? 

Message 11 of 14
WannaHouse
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I did find a copy of it, but the original is not showing up. I am going to go ahead and apply to get a new card. I know I won't have the new one in time for when we apply for pre-approval, but I am sure it will be in by the time we find a house. 

Does anyone have advice about the retirement accounts? 

Well, it's better to have them and not need them than vice versa.  Smiley Happy

Kathy

We are finally homeowners!!

Closed May 5th-30 yr fixed at 5.25%.

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

alright, another question. 

What credit scores are used by lenders? I am just wondering because I pulled my scores from the companies' websites and from MyFico. My Equifax scores were the same on both sites, but my TransUnion score had a 61 point difference. MyFico had my TransUnion score as 661 and TransUnion had 726.  That seems kind of ridiculous for their to be such a difference. 

Message 13 of 14
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

jmela1 wrote:

alright, another question. 

What credit scores are used by lenders? I am just wondering because I pulled my scores from the companies' websites and from MyFico. My Equifax scores were the same on both sites, but my TransUnion score had a 61 point difference. MyFico had my TransUnion score as 661 and TransUnion had 726.  That seems kind of ridiculous for their to be such a difference. 

Both the Equifax website and myFICO.com offer true FICO scores.  TransUnion is a little trickier - if you go to the logical TransUnion website - www.transunion.com - the credit score you obtain there is NOT a FICO score.  If, however, you go to www.transunioncs.com (note the -cs in the URL), then you can get a real FICO score.

The TU score you obtained on myFICO.com is "correct", so to speak, in the sense that this is the score that is most likely going to be seen by creditors.  There's added confusion in that there are two versions of TU FICO scoring out there, TU 98 and TU 04.  Both are real FICO scores, but may differ by several points.

In the future, there's no need to pull your Equifax FICO from both sites - they will be the same.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.