Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do about car loan

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What to do about car loan

I have my car financed threw the blood suckers of american general. I owe 3 years left on it but with a out ragous intrest rate.

Now that my credit is better would it be wise to maybe go to the credit union and refinance it threw them?

Or could that hurt my credit even more.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: What to do about car loan

blazzinbird wrote:
I have my car financed threw the blood suckers of american general. I owe 3 years left on it but with a out ragous intrest rate.

Now that my credit is better would it be wise to maybe go to the credit union and refinance it threw them?

Or could that hurt my credit even more.

Saving money is more important, what are your scores?
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Right now my FICO score is 632. Right now it shows all 3 CC's maxed out. I just paid them off so I am hoping that will bring my score up.
Message 3 of 7
fused
Moderator Emeritus

blazzinbird wrote:
Right now my FICO score is 632. Right now it shows all 3 CC's maxed out. I just paid them off so I am hoping that will bring my score up.

Once these 3 cards report their paid balances, you should see a major increase in your scores.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Roll that car loan over to a credit union, definitely. Finance companies are the devil.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I second Angela!  At the end of the day, if it saves you money...well, it's really what we're all here for, isn't it!
Message 6 of 7
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Wait for the credit card balances to update on credit, pull your new scores from myFICO.com so you know what they are, and then call up your CU and discuss what qualifications they are looking for to get their auto loan rates.
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.