Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do and When to do it

tag
raisinitup
Regular Contributor

What to do and When to do it

So we are in the pre-UW stage (I think). We just returned the official application to the LO with all of the disclosures, etc signed and dated. We're waiting on the appraisal to be scheduled and then I think it goes to UW but I am very anxious. Not because of the dreaded UW but because I don't operate well on the unknown. Every time we've moved, I've always overlapped by at least a month, sometimes a little longer, because I don't like the chaos and anxiety that comes from not being organized and doing things last minute. This process is the opposite of that. For instance....When do we start packing our current home up to move, do I give notice to the landlord yet (we're set to close in May) and when will I have time to clean and prepare the home so we get our full deposit back, do I set up the movers, when do I change my mail with the post office ?????

I know - I have a lot of questions but I'm hoping that someone who's experienced it can shed some light.

12/11/12 Starting Score EQ FICO - 583/ TU FICO - 615/
4/1/13 - Lender Pull - TU - 645 EQ - 675 EX 712
Each One - Teach One
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
getmycreditright
Regular Contributor

Re: What to do and When to do it

Most landlords/apartment complexes require a 30 to 60 day notice, so I'd definitely be looking to get that letter together. If you're closing in May, you can start packing non-essentials now! The more you can do now, the less you'll have to do later.

Try to overlap the times when you close and when you have to vacate your apartment. For instance, if you close on May 15th, make sure your notice to vacate is like May 20th or so. This gives you time to move and still be able to come back and tidy up the apartment, which will help you get your full deposit back. As far as changing your address, I'd do it the day you close. All mail that is currently going to your apartment will be forwarded to your new home until the changes fully go into effect.

Hope this helps! Smiley Happy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Starting Score - 575 (4/10)
Current Score - EQ - 750, TU - 752, EX - 728 11/4/12

Current Cards:
AMEX SPG ($7.5k), Amazon.com Visa ($3k), Discover More ($2k) all since 11/4/12

Fighting the good fight!
Message 2 of 5
raisinitup
Regular Contributor

Thank you - it does. We're on a month to month lease right now in a rental house, our lease expired in Feb and of course we didn't renew since we knew we were looking to move. Hopefully a 30 day notice would be appreciated but not required since we're only about 25 days from closing but that's great advice.

Each One - Teach One
Message 3 of 5
Adalen
Frequent Contributor

I don't plan on changing anything over until the day after we close. 

I think it works out better than moving rental properties.  We expect to close end of this month and will not make a mortgage payment until June.  So, we're just going to extend our stay in the rental through May and use that entire month to clean the place out and de-clutter. We don't want to bring all of our hoarding boxes to the new place, so it gives us time to organize.  As well as paint and other such things.

Message 4 of 5
raisinitup
Regular Contributor

That's an idea. It would be nice to have no mortgage payment for a month AND get my deposit back Smiley Wink

I'll working on packing the non-essentials and save the rest for closer till time I guess.

Each One - Teach One
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.