cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do we do now?

tag
egoodier563

What to do we do now?

Very confused here, I guess we need 12 months of clean payment history to apply for our home loan. But does that mean 12 months reporting on the CR or 12 months from the last late payment?

Our last late payment was Jan of 2010, so do we have to wait till March when the CR update to include Jan and Feb?

Credit scores are all good high 600's last pulled in Nov, we found a house, and now this.

Also we had a bk filed in 10/05 resolved in 2/06, but have two co accts reporting as included in bk in 09 in the account history ----- how do i fix this and is it going to be a problem we when apply?

And what about the dispute resolved, consumer disagrees statements??

NEVER NEVER use a credit repair agency that your mortgage broker suggests.

BTW this is a VA loan we are applying for.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What to do we do now?

youmay need more than the 1 year.  Most programs do not like any lates post BK.  Even though the BK was 5 years ago, it could still be a problem.  Especially if it was more than 1 late or the account was late for multiple months.  Make sure the LO runs it by the UW to verify that it is OK as alot of LO's may be overly optomistic becuase they want to make a "sale".  It could go through just fine with a letter of explanation though.  I, in your case though, would make sure an UW had seen the file and was OK with it.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.