Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do?

tag
anca21bi
Frequent Contributor

What to do?

In the beginning of July I applied of an FHA loan.  My credit score was only 550 at the time and my credit report looked terrible-I didn't check any of this when I applied-or even know about this website.  So, when I went to talk to the lender, she said I should go to concumer credit counseling and then my score had to be at least 580 for them to look at the application without any lates for 12 months. 

So I go to credit counseling and they made me contact all the CA and OC's on my report to get the exact amounts that need to paid.  -I thought this is what they do...so I did this and was able to settle with some and make payment plans with a couple at the time. 

Today, I decided not partake in credit counseling (I was doing all the work myself and found out I could pay off my debts faster if I did it myself) and I'm paying off my collections month by month and trying to work with only 2 new trade lines I could get: Rewards 660 and Crown Jewlers.  But now I'm getting ready to resend my application for a loan, and woke up all the "sleeping giants" on my credit report.

What do I do? What is the lender going to say? Should I even apply?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What to do?

Honestly, I would recommend you to sort everything out, try to live a financially healthy life for 1 year or so, and the think again about getting a mortgage. This will be a "life-long" commitment. Don't hurry into something that makes your life more complicated than today.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.