Valued Member
samy2576

What to expect- FHA

Ok so I am buying a house with an FHA mortgage. My mid score is 645 and my income is around 16k a year. Only payment is $169 for a car. My bank pre approved me and I am making an offer on the house tomorrow for 43k. The bank already has my payment history from past landlords, information on the property, and knows I'm putting down 6.5%. I also have an inspector picked out for when that needs done. 

If the seller accepts my offer, what else can I expect to have to do with the bank to close the loan?

Moderator Emeritus
webhopper

Re: What to expect- FHA

[ Edited ]

It can vary. You may have to write letters explaining any negative information such as overdradts and or negative credit remarks.

You should be fine. Fha is not that hard to get if the scores are there along with reliable employment and consistently good behavior.

Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Frequent Contributor
bbb3601

be prepared for unexpected paperwork or LOE's. Our FHA inspector nitpicked flaking paint. On landscaped rocks etc. The seller was 86 so my son and I went over and pitched in. In hindsight it was very easy. If your score is there, Dp, and you have a decent underwriter you will be fine. I know you will worry anyway, but try to enjoy the process and congratulations. I actually enjoy cutting that check every month!!!

NFCU Cash Rewards 16,500,NFCU Plat 17,000, NavCheck 10,000, USAA Cash 4,000, USSA Rate Adv 2,000, USAA AMEX 3,500, Freedom 2,000, Capital One 2,000, Barclay's Apple 1,500, Barclay's Ring 1500, Various Store Cards.

Valued Member
samy2576

I want to enjoy it but I'm way too impatient lol. I just want to know we have it and I want to start remodeling!

Valued Contributor
beb86

Only piece of advice is to expect the unexpected and for a very emotional roller coaster 

ccpics2.jpg

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+