Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to expect- FHA

tag
samy2576
New Contributor

What to expect- FHA

Ok so I am buying a house with an FHA mortgage. My mid score is 645 and my income is around 16k a year. Only payment is $169 for a car. My bank pre approved me and I am making an offer on the house tomorrow for 43k. The bank already has my payment history from past landlords, information on the property, and knows I'm putting down 6.5%. I also have an inspector picked out for when that needs done. 

If the seller accepts my offer, what else can I expect to have to do with the bank to close the loan?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: What to expect- FHA

It can vary. You may have to write letters explaining any negative information such as overdradts and or negative credit remarks.

You should be fine. Fha is not that hard to get if the scores are there along with reliable employment and consistently good behavior.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 2 of 5
bbb3601
Frequent Contributor

be prepared for unexpected paperwork or LOE's. Our FHA inspector nitpicked flaking paint. On landscaped rocks etc. The seller was 86 so my son and I went over and pitched in. In hindsight it was very easy. If your score is there, Dp, and you have a decent underwriter you will be fine. I know you will worry anyway, but try to enjoy the process and congratulations. I actually enjoy cutting that check every month!!!

NFCU Cash Rewards 20,000,NFCU Plat 17,000, NavCheck 15,000, USAA Cash 4,000, USSA Rate Adv 2,000, USAA AMEX 3,500, Freedom 2,000, Capital One 2,000, Barclay's Apple 1,500, Barclay's Ring 1500, Various Store Cards.

Message 3 of 5
samy2576
New Contributor

I want to enjoy it but I'm way too impatient lol. I just want to know we have it and I want to start remodeling!

Message 4 of 5
beb86
Valued Contributor

Only piece of advice is to expect the unexpected and for a very emotional roller coaster 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.