cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to expect?

tag
lkgms

What to expect?

My husband and I are buying our second home. Our current home was only under his name as we were relocating at the time and didn't think I'd keep my job. Also, my credit was poor at the time and wasn't high enough for FHA loan we were getting. All charge-offs and collections on my report have been paid off 4+ years. I have one satisifed judgement also paid 4 years ago. My middle credit score is 679 and my husbands is somewhere upper 700s. Our only monthly debt is student loans for a total of $500. All credit cards are paid in full monthly and we have paid cash for cars. Our W-2 income in 2012 was $250k and the house we want to purchase is $450k. We have 20% to put down. Should we have any issues with the old, paid off negatives on my report with out current scores, income, and available down payment?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
playboy
Regular Contributor

Re: What to expect?

If they're all paid like you said, the deragatory items shouldn't cause you a problem, especially with the items being as old as they are.  Most underwriters and loan officers will likely have you write a letter or explanation to explain why the issues occurred.  

Starting Score: EX 575/TU 534/EQ 570
Current Scores per Myfico: (As of 12-14-13) EX 690/EQ 685/TU 679
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 4
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

This will should be an easy conventional loan.

Message 3 of 4
lkgms

Thank you! Everything is paid up and has been for a long time. I've checked all credit reports over the last few years to make sure things were accurate and been monitoring myFICO scores for awhile. Since it's my first time dealing with a mortgage, it just made me nervous that my old history may cause issues. Thanks again!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.