Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What would you do?

tag
bbb925
Regular Contributor

What would you do?

I have most TL's updating with a 0 balance by the 31st of this month. 2 more will update with 0 balance by September 6th. I still have 3 TL's that won't update the 0 balance until September 15th. I want the highest score possible but I'm also nervous waiting too long to start the loan process. My home was sold and paid off officially a week ago so that should be hitting my reports on the next statement date which is September 10th. NFCU will only do 2 accounts for rapid rescore.
The builder wants to now close on October 9th.

Do you think I should wait until September 16th to pull credit and start the loan after everything reports? That only gives them 3 weeks to close the loan. Should I have them pull on September 6th and ask for them to rapid rescore 2 of the 3 TL's? 2 of the 3 are NFCU accounts. Or should I have them pulled on August 31st and then ask them to pull the reports again after September 16th, to show all updated balances to 0 with the exception of one card reporting a $40 balance for highest potential to earn more points?

I don't know what's the best route to go??? So what would you do?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What would you do?

What are your scores now? The pay down of revolving would have the biggest impact.
Message 2 of 5
bbb925
Regular Contributor

All 3 were low 700's when I last pulled them on Myfico in July before all utilization was paid off. Can't remember exact numbers and the credit reports are no longer available and they were the mortgage scores. Everything was paid off August 17th with the exception of leaving one card with a $40 balance to get highest scores possible. But the major 2 won't update until September 15th which are both NFCU cc's. I have nothing bad on reports, I just had a lot of utilization. So I paid everything off in hopes to get to at least 740 but would be even happier with a 760 middle. But timing has been killing me because I went under contract with an under-construction home sooner than I had planned and now they plan to close October 9th. So I'm left with the dilemma of when to pull and time is of the essence now. My home I recently sold will report PIF on the September 10th statement and I'm not sure how that will affect me either if I wait. I always do this to myself. .lol. I either pull the trigger too soon or too late. I just want the best terms to keep my mortgage payment down. And NFCU won't give specific scores needed so then the "what if" lingers in my head. If they would rapid rescore anything that hasn't updated I wouldn't be worried but they only do 2 accounts. So I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on the 6th when all but 3 are updated and then ask them to rapid rescore the 2 accounts with them. The last account will report $913 balance out of $4000 on a furniture card I forgot I had and paid off last minute. It was on auto-pay only $29/mth, 0 interest until 2018 but it won't update 0 balance until the 15th or 16th.
Message 3 of 5
bbb925
Regular Contributor

I should also mention that they gave me a preapproval without checking my credit based solely off my income, dti and the accounts I have with them. I have money in my savings that could pay cash for the house but I'm not sure if that is enough leverage for them to give me the best rate for my loan? I would not even touch that money to buy my house thus the reason I'm wanting the best scores to get the best rate possible. I'm not sure how lenders view those kind of things. Do scores rule the terms or money available?
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your scores are high enough. I would have them pull now. The ding to your credit score will be minimal - maybe 3-5 pts and that won't put you into a new bracket.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.