Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What would you do?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What would you do?

Howdy,

I closed on my home on 1/16. I recieved an email from the title company hours after closing, noting that we were funded. The email also noted "All outgoing wires will be initiated at this time.  Please allow ample time for the funds to arrive in your account.  If a file funds close to or after our 4 p.m. wire cut off time, please note that those wires will be sent out the morning of the following business day." I recieved this email at 4:04 PM. I live in Texas and through some quick googling found out that Texas is a wet state (can it not take up to 3 days to fund loans in wet states?). My husband wants to apply for either the home depot or Lowes card so that we can purchase some appliances. I am kind of paranoid about whether or not it will be okay to apply. I don't want to do anything until Saturday (which is when I real like we would be funded) but he wants to apply tonight.

Are we in the clear? Would you go ahead and apply?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What would you do?

I don't know what would be right or wrong in this case, but to be safe waiting 3 more days or so really won't be the end of the world when you just went through all you have to get to where you are now.

You both would really kick yourself if it went bad over just a few more days to.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

It’s ok, the loan funded. The 3 days is right of recession I believe if you want to change mind 

Message 3 of 6
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

If it were me, I would wait!

And I would also call the courthouse to ensure the deed was recorded.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 4 of 6
Spider07
Regular Contributor

I live in Texas also and closed on a house in late Sept 2017.  We got the call that the loan was funded, from the title company and our lender. I asked them both, "are we free to buy stuff now or do we need to wait"  without hesitation but answered the same way "youre free, knock yourself out".  So we did.  And everything was fine. 

Message 5 of 6
VALoanMaster
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Howdy,

I closed on my home on 1/16. I recieved an email from the title company hours after closing, noting that we were funded. The email also noted "All outgoing wires will be initiated at this time.  Please allow ample time for the funds to arrive in your account.  If a file funds close to or after our 4 p.m. wire cut off time, please note that those wires will be sent out the morning of the following business day." I recieved this email at 4:04 PM. I live in Texas and through some quick googling found out that Texas is a wet state (can it not take up to 3 days to fund loans in wet states?). My husband wants to apply for either the home depot or Lowes card so that we can purchase some appliances. I am kind of paranoid about whether or not it will be okay to apply. I don't want to do anything until Saturday (which is when I real like we would be funded) but he wants to apply tonight.

Are we in the clear? Would you go ahead and apply?

Yes, you are in the clear go ahead & apply.

VA Mortgage Expert. Mortgage Banker lending in All 50 States.
VA, FHA, USDA. Jumbo, Conventional.
CAIVRS Expert.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.