Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When Do CRA Update Files

tag
ArmyWifeMBA
Valued Member

When Do CRA Update Files

I recently paid off a significant amount of debt.  I will be relocating in the next few months; hence, I want to be pre-approved for a mortgage at the new location.

I purchased my Tri-Merge Credit Report.  I noticed some of the accounts had $0 balances on my Experian/Equifax credit reports but not TransUnion.  I also noticed a few balances were still showing but should be $0.

Does anyone know when the Credit Reporting Agencies (CRA) update their files?  Is it mid-month or the end of the month?  I want to repurchase my credit report once the files are updated.

By the way, here are my scores as of 8/23/2016, my mortgage scores are slightly higher than my Score 8 for Experian and TransUnion, probably because I already own a home.  Not sure.

Experian: Score 8 (755), Score 5- Mortgage (792)

Transunion: Score 8 (732), Score 5 - Mortgage (741)

Equifax: Score 8 (756); Score 5 - Mortgage (744)

Thanks for your assistance.

DrC

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
echoecho
Regular Contributor

Re: When Do CRA Update Files

Personally since you have your scores already and they are in decent shape I would not get the next report until you pcs or close to apping for the new mirtgage. Tu will probably post now or about too. You're good.
Message 2 of 4
ArmyWifeMBA
Valued Member

I spoke with Navy Federal CU representative and she stated excellent credit (they would not tell me what score that is) get the best rates.  I am trying to get the best rates.  My mortgage scores currently are at 740+ which can fluctuate.  I am nervous that 1) NFCU excellent could be more than 740 or 2) my score might swing downward.  I may use another lender, NFCU interest rates seem high for their conventional loans.

What you say does make sense.  I am an engineer; thus, I like to have all my ducks in a row before I do anything.  I like to have my housing already taken care before I PCS out of here.

But, you are right, I should wait it out.  Save a little more and pay down some more debt into I get my offical orders to get ou tof here (I am ready to go).   Hopefully, my scores should be a little better.

Thanks for the reality check.

Message 3 of 4
echoecho
Regular Contributor

Good!! Can't deny facts, especially for sappers😜 Otherwise they get a big boom😏. Another data point, I am currently on va refi with Penfed with 3.25 apr 0 points and 0 origination. So unless you have a slow fuse to hell fico wise your ducks are dress right dress until the next closing. You got more stuff to worry on your upcoming pcs.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.