Credit Card Center Advertiser Disclosure

Valued Contributor
0 Kudos

When can I feel safe

At what point can you assume the title company has checked the PR , I did my own PR search months ago and did find one dismissed wih prejudice from 2007. Not sure who he OC was but the CA was Arrow, I never received any notices or communication, if so, I would have just paid it. I more worry becaus my ex hubby stole my identity and afraid something is out there I'm not aware of. That would be detrimental at this point. Since nothing but the dismissed case showed up on my own search last year I am hoping I am worrying for not!
0 Kudos

Re: When can I feel safe

Why don't you contact the title company and ask for the title commitment?  

They would run the search before issuing the commitment and if there were a judgment it would show in the exclusions part of the title commitment (Schedule B).

Valued Contributor
0 Kudos

I wonder at what point they do the commitment? I will call then tomorrow
0 Kudos

They should have it by now.  Most title companies get right on it (the good one's anyway).  There is a paragraph in the contract that specifies the date by which the title co has to provide the commitment. 

Valued Contributor
0 Kudos

In my purchase contract?
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos

Surely then if they have it and there was bad news, Jim would know
Established Member
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Get an Owners Title Insurance Policy to cover anything that may have been missed in the title search.

FICO 08 SCORES 2-7-2017: EQ 757, TU 779, EX 740 | STARTING SCORES: 2-20-15 FICO 08 EQ 674 TU 665 EX 660 |

GOAL SCORES: 750 FICO 08 EQ TU EX
0 Kudos

Leeloo wrote:

Get an Owners Title Insurance Policy to cover anything that may have been missed in the title search.

This is true ^^^.  But SBrooks was worried about an old judgment popping up from her distant past.  Title co's run not only title searches for the property, but they look for judgments against buyers before the purchase.  This is done to protect the bank as the judgment can attach to the property and come in front of the banks loan.  If her title commitment came back with a judgment showing - the lender would normally pick it up prior to final approval. There is also a requirement for the title commitment to be provided to the buyer in advance of the closing by a certain date.

Here in my county title insurance is required, but I know that isn't the same everywhere so the link is appreciated. 

0 Kudos

Sbrooks1 wrote:
In my purchase contract?

Yes, there is usually an entire paragraph or more devoted to title company or closing attorney requirements including the due date of the title commitment. 

Valued Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't see that anywhere, only mention regarding title is act if sale

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.