01-17-2014 02:23 PM
Our timeline to date is:
Dec 30: submitted offer w/ automated preapproval letter
Jan 2 : offer accepted and signed off....for less than amount pre-approved for
Jan 6: inspection...nothing major to fight over
Jan 6: file submitted to UW
Jan 7: employment verification called my job
Jan 7: submitted ins quote
Jan 9: Cleared to order appraisal...had to pay
Jan 13: Received conditions from closing coordinator...updated bank statements, letter from my husband about having access to our bank accounts...I am buying this on my own...I have better scores 720+ plus easier income to verify...W2...no major conditions
Jan 15: appraisal done at 1pm
Jan 16: faxed all documents except one...copy of a cancelled check from IRA...I withdrew some for downpayment. Will have that by Tuesday
I have ZERO worries about appraisal because I got a steal...desperate sellers.
So is it safe to start packing? Can I provide notice to our apartment management office? If I give them notice today its 6 weeks to Feb 28...then I will not have to pay March rent. The new place needs a little updating....which would take 2 weeks. I dont want to move in until its done. Current closing date is "no later than Feb 7".
Am I safe to give notice and start packing?
01-17-2014 04:23 PM
Everything looks good. However, I would wait until the u/w has given you the complete approval to notify your Landlord. You can start to pack now. At the rate your file is moving you should have a loan commitment by mid next week, right? What does your LO say?
01-17-2014 10:59 PM
Given that it's probably cheaper crashing at some random motel for a week along with either short-term storage or just renting the truck an additional couple of days than a months rent, may be worth just putting in the notice anyway. Certainly would be in my case, in cheaper areas, maybe not so much.
01-18-2014 07:02 AM
I waited until I had the clear to close on my house before I put in notice at my apartment. I didn't want any last minute hitches to leave me without a place to live. I close next week and I will start packing today. :-)
01-20-2014 08:50 AM - edited 01-20-2014 08:51 AM
I recommend waiting until your lender issues a clear to close. You can start packing anytime ... giving lease termination notice is what I'm addressing. I sell new construction and I can't tell you how often people "jump the gun" and then scream when their closing is delayed. I've had people beg me for permission to stor their containers on the purchased property [No!] and get mad at me for their actions. Wait for the clear to close or be prepared with backup housing arrangements.
Copyright ©2001-2013 Fair Isaac Corporation.
All rights reserved.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions based on Experian or Equifax data (additional FICO® Score versions based on TransUnion data are not currently available on myFICO.com). Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more
FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.