cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When is an appraisal normally completed?

tag
beehive
Regular Contributor

When is an appraisal normally completed?

Hi all....

Quick question.

When is an appraisal normally requested? Before the file is sent to underwriters? After, with the request of the UW? During?

Just asking...

Thanks in advice!!

Officially a Home Owner !
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
soliloquy
Regular Contributor

Re: When is an appraisal normally completed?

My appraisal was completed before they sent my package to underwriting.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

My appraisal was completed before it went to underwriting. My file is still with the processor and driving me a little crazy.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

mine was done afterward

Message 4 of 9
beehive
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the responses....

I  thought my file was sent to UW, actually it's with the processor.

He will be sending it to the UW tomorrow. My Lo said with the green light from the UW , we will then do an appraisal. ( He is estimating sometime early next week)

I was just wondereing if that was standard...to send the file to UW without the appraisal.

I have been reading other posts...and it seems the inspection and/or appraisal is usually done before.

Buckeiser...were you approved with the conditon of appriasal coming back good? I have been soooo nervous, lol!

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes, I was approved with that condition.Smiley Happy I guess they give appraisers deadlines too, so my deadline is tomorrow. still havent heard anything. I was just writing on another post, that for me, this process has been so nerve wracking..Good luck with everything

Message 6 of 9
beehive
Regular Contributor

GFinPA....I hear you on the craziness!!!

My loan was sent to the processor Tuesday. It hasn't been long..but I haven't received an email or phone call with any updates or needed information. ( Granted it's only Thursday)....But I Just have the timeline of the  UW receiving my file on Friday and hearing back early next week..

My back is starting to tense up just typing this..lol!

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

My appraiser was ordered after UW. Good luck it seems they all do things a little different. This is for sure nerve racking!!!!!! Hopefully soon we will all be enjoying our new homes and this will be behind us all. Good luck!!!

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied for a USDA guaranteed loan. I paid for the appraisal last Wednesday and had the inspection done that evening. By Monday, I had the inspection report, the appraisal report, and the seller had completed all repairs as requested. Pretty amazing. My file was sent to rural development on Tuesday. Now, if only my file gets processed before the funds run out and the IRS sends me my 8000 within 4 weeks, all will have gone splendidly. That's alot to ask, I know, but a guy can dream can't he?

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.