Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When to Apply

tag
NikJ4
Established Contributor

When to Apply

This is a quick one and hopefully one with a quick response. I am getting debts paid down to prepare for the purchse of my 2nd home in 2014. i have been current with my mortgage now since Sept 2010. Prior, I had rolling lates an a lot of headache and drama trying to get modification done which I finally did.  My current mortgage will start to report positive Aug 2014 (meaning any and all lates will be gone bye-bye as it will have been 7 yrs since DOFD....thank goodness for rolling lates in this instance). Should I wait to start my mortgage application process once the negatives are OFF the report and my mortgage refelcts no negative history or will I be ok with a good 3 yr history of on time payments. (not concerned with score becuase I am and will be in in good standing there)

I hope this question makes sense.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts or comments

Nik J

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: When to Apply

I havent run into this situation, so I am of no help.

Hopefully some one else will chime in.

If I had to give a guess I would say to wait until it is no longer showing.
Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 2 of 6
Axa
New Contributor

I'd wait if you could stand it. Better not to have the hassle of raised eyebrows and answering questions. Plus, you should see a nice score boost, so that will be double the confidence you can walk into the deal with. I know you mentioned not being concerned with the score, but it's a positive, so just add it to your list of the advantages of waiting until after the baddies drop off.

TU 759, EX 744, EQ 779
Current Focus: Gardening indefinitely
Goals: 800 Club, pay off auto loan in 2 years
Message 3 of 6
NikJ4
Established Contributor

Thanks for your help
Message 4 of 6
Axa
New Contributor

@NikJ4 wrote:
Thanks for your help

Welcome. Smiley Wink

TU 759, EX 744, EQ 779
Current Focus: Gardening indefinitely
Goals: 800 Club, pay off auto loan in 2 years
Message 5 of 6
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

In our situation we had to wait till the rolling mortgage lates were 12 months old. They did not question them at all, they just said closing had to wait but we were approved with them being less then 12 months old.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.