Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When to dump mtg company and go to new

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

When to dump mtg company and go to new

I have been working with a mortgage broker who is really great.

Worked with me until my scores where high enough to be pre approved for a mortgage.

Here is my situation:

I have qualified and under contract for a city rehabiliation program that gives 75000 worth of renovations to a forclosed home and match my down payment up to 15000. my broker is not sure that the 15000 will be allowed and is double checking with her banks to see if I can take advantage of the benefit.

There is another program in my state that gives grants for up to 20% of purchase price to be used on closing cost and downpayment, but it requires me switching to a approved lender from their list of lenders.

I feel bad wanting to switch but it is really worth the money. My other question is when should I have the new bank pull my credit for a pre approval as not to make another inquiry on my FICO score?

I feel so bad since she has worked so hard to help me.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: When to dump mtg company and go to new

inquiries are overrated.

what is your score?

the loan officer should know that city money is acceptable for down payment.

did i mention? inquiries are overrated.

i dont care how 'nice' the loan officer is.... you need your deal closed.

oh... and btw, in case you haven't heard.... inquiries are overrated.

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: When to dump mtg company and go to new

LO pulled scores are TU 623, EQ 608, EX 636 as if 10/20/09.

Fico Scores are TU 636, EQ 608

My scores are partly what scares me... If a hard pull drops them I will have to wait again and I am under contract. Althought they should be increase as I've paid my CC's down to 1% utilization this month too.

I agree with you that I want my deal down... a match down payment and an additional 20% is too much to pass on.

Thanks

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.