cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When to start shopping for a loan?

tag
Bobbin

When to start shopping for a loan?

I should not be able to qualify for a loan until October since that's when my 3 year wait after foreclosure happens. (3 years since the house went out of my name) However I was wondering when I should start shopping. I've been told I can start the loan process but cannot close until this date. I don't want to wait until October then start the process to find out I need to wipe this this or this off my credit and wait another six months... I have ok scores considering, around 670, steady employment...

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Re: When to start shopping for a loan?

Start 30-45 days from when you would like to close if you aren't planning on a new construction. Starting too early can result in multiple hard pulls which can drag your score down. Good Luck! Smiley Happy
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 2 of 4
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

i agree witht the 30 - 45 days answer.

Retired Lender
Message 3 of 4
beb86
Valued Contributor

@DallasLoanGuy wrote:

i agree witht the 30 - 45 days answer.

+! that way you are not as rushed

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.