Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will I get a GFE?

tag
MBOhio2
Established Contributor

Re: When will I get a GFE?

Oh no... this is not what I wanted to hear Smiley Sad Things seemed like they were going well, but it sounds like the delay in interest rate and GFE are serious red flags. Ugh, feeling a little disheartened right now. I just left a voicemail with our LO and then followed-up via email explaining that we are concerned about not having the interest rate and GFE and asking if we can have it today. Hopefully there's some good reason we don't have it yet and we'll get it today...

Mid-2010 Starting Scores: FAKO EQ 476 FAKO EX 506 FICO TU98 575
July 2017 Current Scores: Approx 710 (waiting for official updates)
Message 11 of 15
Catacam
Frequent Contributor

I'm sure you got this! There is so much dang paperwork that it may have fallen through the cracks!!

CLOSED ON OUR FIRST HOME MAY 30TH!!!

Starting Score: TU 589 EQ 526 EX603
Current Score: TU 635 EQ 603 EX ??
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 12 of 15
ripper998
New Contributor

I actually asked our LO if he could wait to send us the GFE till after we had the inspection done.  I wanted to make sure we were going to proceed before we started that paperwork.  He said he couldnt, as the inspection was scheduled 4 days away and it would be a RESPA violation if he didnt send out the paperwork within 3 days of a purchase contract being executed.  We just waited to sign the documents. 

Message 13 of 15
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@ripper998 wrote:

I actually asked our LO if he could wait to send us the GFE till after we had the inspection done.  I wanted to make sure we were going to proceed before we started that paperwork.  He said he couldnt, as the inspection was scheduled 4 days away and it would be a RESPA violation if he didnt send out the paperwork within 3 days of a purchase contract being executed.  We just waited to sign the documents. 

Yep! RESPA requires the GFE to be provided within 3 business days.

Message 14 of 15
germaine47
Frequent Contributor

Dear MBOhio2,

Have you chosen a house and signed a contract?  I have not officially received my GFE becuase I signed my contract on yesterday.  My mortgage broker gave me an estimation of what everything may cost prior to me signing my contract. My closing is schedule to happen april 27, 2012.   I am trying to find better insurance rates so I come down on the total payments, I am praying that the home that I have chosen appraise at least 20,000 above the list price so that I can roll the closing cost into my mortgage payments.

I AM PRAYING THAT EVERYONES HOUSE DREAMS COME TRUE

Fico September 2012; TU 681, EX 674, EQ 652
Fako October 2012: TU 706, EX 641,
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.