Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do I even start

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where do I even start

I am totally clueless to the mortgage process, but I am tired of renting and just giving my money to someone else.  I have no idea what I need to do or the first steps I need to take.  I know Ill need to beef up my savings for a down payment, its only at about 2.5k right now. Realistically I would like to buy a home with my soon to be wife within the next 2-5 years if thats even possible for me.  

I make about 50k a year with a very stable job, she is in school right now and making about 25k.  I started my rebuild in December of 2014 with the mortgage as my end goal, I just dont know what I need to do next.  

Can anyone offer some insight to me about the whole process and give timelines on certain things that will need to be done?  Im sure there may be some more info needed to give sound advice, if so just let me know and Ill gladly share.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: Where do I even start

save money and work on scores. 

look for free home buying seminars in your area.

work on credit and savings

might be good to share a coffee with a realtor/lender some day to get a one-on-one walk thru of the process.

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Where do I even start

thats what i figured.  Ill have to look into home buying seminars thanks for the advice!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.