Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to watch FHA rates

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where to watch FHA rates

Is there a website that reflects the current FHA rate? My LO told me to watch the 10yr bond number. I dont really know alot about the stock market/interest rates. I am schedule to close on our house 9/22 so we are daily watching the rate (bond) to LOCK IN. Tuesday the rate was 6.5 but other websites show different rates for other types of mortgages. In order to close with no problems and not buying the rate down, we need below 6.5
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: Where to watch FHA rates

ilovetaos wrote:
Is there a website that reflects the current FHA rate? My LO told me to watch the 10yr bond number. I dont really know alot about the stock market/interest rates. I am schedule to close on our house 9/22 so we are daily watching the rate (bond) to LOCK IN. Tuesday the rate was 6.5 but other websites show different rates for other types of mortgages. In order to close with no problems and not buying the rate down, we need below 6.5

There isn't a website that shows the current FHA rates, FHA rates are set by the lender you are applying with.  The 10-year bond doesn't always give you the direction rates are headed in, you need to monitor MBS's (mortgage backed securities) for that.  You should check the blog at http://www.mortgagenewsdaily.com/mortgage_rates/blog/consumer.asp to get a general idea of which direction rates are headed in.  Currently they are headed down but it can change direction on any given day.  Most websites that monitor MBS prices costs quite a bit of money, however there is a free one at http://www.investinginbonds.com/marketataglance.asp?catid=35.  IMO you should keep in close contact with your loan officer about interest rates, email him daily if needed. 
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.