cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which lender should I seek for my refi?

tag
VALoanMaster
Valued Contributor

Re: Which lender should I seek for my refi?

@Anonymous wrote:

@VALoanMaster wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Two family with $800 monthly rental income from the other unit. (Not included in HH income above)

Hi YupYup413,

Just to clarify, are you looking for a cash-out refinance on a duplex? 

Yes, that is my ultimate goal at this time.

Based on your username, i'll state this after I forgot in the OP. I'm not yet VA loan eligible, will be in November '18.

---

Has anyone done a refi with the same lender? Is that even allowed? Our original loan is with our local CU which is also our joint banking account. I also do plenty of banking with Navy Fed and a bit with BofA. In addition to CC accounts with Chase and Citi, but not sure i'd go near any of the big banks for this purpose.

CapOne is offering $1,000 in Venture miles if you refi with them. That's a decent perk but may not make them the winner.

Ok, the conventional guidelines actually limit you to 75% LTV on multi-family cash-out refis.

FHA will go up to 85% & VA will go up to 100% so you can go FHA now & refi next year to VA or just wait until you can go VA.

Are you in the reserves or national guard?

VA Mortgage Expert. Mortgage Banker lending in All 50 States.
VA, FHA, USDA. Jumbo, Conventional.
CAIVRS Expert.
Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Which lender should I seek for my refi?

Thanks. At 75% that leaves little room for conventional and FHA would be more expensive. I may have to just wait..
I'm National Guard now.
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.