cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which mortgage score used - would this pay to wait a few months?

tag
billyboo
Established Member

Which mortgage score used - would this pay to wait a few months?

Hi All,

I pulled all 3 reports today to get a look at where I am for mortgage score.

They are listed at 694  699  &  703  I am guessnf 699 would be used today.

Would it pay to wait a few months>?  I really have no other help effects for my score as my utilization is at 8% just have a icky 30 day late 4 months ago just a stupid oversight on a $35 payment no goodwill luck there.  Is reported as 4 months ago late payment.

Would appreciate your thoughts : )

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

Re: Which mortgage score used - would this pay to wait a few months?

Definitely Blue Shark needs to read more!!
Message 2 of 7
billyboo
Established Member

Hi Everyone,

Just to clarifyI pulled all three reports to show the current score "used most widely in Mortgage Lending" Smiley Happy

Thank you all for your help so maybe waiting a few months to move my little late baddie to pass the 6 month mark may help?

Message 3 of 7
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

@billyboo wrote:

Hi Everyone,

Just to clarifyI pulled all three reports to show the current score "used most widely in Mortgage Lending" Smiley Happy

Thank you all for your help so maybe waiting a few months to move my little late baddie to pass the 6 month mark may help?

That may do the trick... if it's an isolated event then a derog item in the last 12 months should still allow you to qualify.  However, if there is a pattern of lates, collections, etc. then usually underwriters will want to see the last 12 months have been clean.  With ~700 scores it doesn't sound like there is a pattern though.

To those who were wondering why I assumed billyboo knew his mortgage scores, the original post said "I pulled all 3 reports today to get a look at where I am for mortgage score."  I've been on this forum for nearly 10 years and responded to thousands of threads, which helps me being able to tell by the verbiage used how much "mortgage knowledge" someone asking the question has.  If someone even knows the term "mortgage score" then it's very likely they'll also know where to obtain that info.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 4 of 7
billyboo
Established Member

Hello,

Thank you for your responses.

There is no pattern just a one off 30 day late 4 months ago -  simply overlooked for $35 mistake on my behalf . Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 7
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

I don't see that being a showstopper.  May want to see if they'd consider a goodwill letter to remove it.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 6 of 7
17NewBeginning
Established Member

How and where do you obtain your mortgage score?
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.