cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which person's score will they use for VA loan?

tag
sbeasl11
Regular Contributor

Which person's score will they use for VA loan?

Still in the rebuild process, but I have read that for home loans, they use the lowest spouse's mid score. I have also read that for VA, they have to use the veteran's score. My husband is the veteran & his scores are currently higher than mine. He is around 630 mid currently. Will they use his score or mine, because mine are lower? We reside in Alabama. Thanks.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
sbeasl11
Regular Contributor

Re: Which person's score will they use for VA loan?

Anyone know?

Message 2 of 4
stpn2me
Frequent Contributor

I think they will use the higher score. Just to give you some info, I have just started the process. They(Veterans United) said they like to see mid scores above 641, which is where mine is. I just got my pre-Approval letter....

TU - 673 EQ - 672 EX - 669 as of 13 Nov 2015
Message 3 of 4
eva322
Established Member

We are currently waiting to hear from our manual underwriters but my husband is the veteran and his mid score is a 639 and my score is a 679...they still have to use his I think but my scores are higher, I wished they'd use the average of both of our mid scores so that it would be around a 650...our app went thru processing successfully and is in manual underwriting due to a bankruptsy I had 2 yrs ago with my ex husband due to losing his job in a layoff...so it was definitely out of our control...our approval with our lender was "refer eligible" due to the bankruptsy history but I sent in the discharge/final letter from the trustee saying it was finalized in Dec 2011...so we're waiting impatiently....

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.