cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

While we're on the topic of husband / wife splits (Wife 704 / Husband 555)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

While we're on the topic of husband / wife splits (Wife 704 / Husband 555)

Is there any chance of us getting a very low or 0 down mortgage? We both have verifiable income (via pay stubs & W-2s), and he makes just slightly more money than I do.

Any advice? I would also be interested in some kind of interest only for the first 1-3 years and then a fixed mortgage thereafter, because I am a new attorney (practicing only 6 months) and our income is going to go up substantially within the next 12 months.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: While we're on the topic of husband / wife splits (Wife 704 / Husband 555)

You will need to get your husbands score up first if he is going to be on the mortgage. Depending on your income, you score should be enough without him.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: While we're on the topic of husband / wife splits (Wife 704 / Husband 555)

piftisha wrote:
Is there any chance of us getting a very low or 0 down mortgage? We both have verifiable income (via pay stubs & W-2s), and he makes just slightly more money than I do.

Any advice? I would also be interested in some kind of interest only for the first 1-3 years and then a fixed mortgage thereafter, because I am a new attorney (practicing only 6 months) and our income is going to go up substantially within the next 12 months.

Too many what ifs. You can probably get a loan, but whether you can afford it or not is something else altogether.

I would have a go at your husband's adverse TLs. Does he have any lates, chargeoffs, collections, repos, a BK, high CC debt?

There are mortgage products which use all 6 scores (your 3 and his 3). Not sure if they average, take a median score, take both your median scores and then average, or something else.

If you want, PM and I can put in touch with a mortgage broker who knows credit issues.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.