cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who's the better bank to get a loan with?

tag
MD_chic

Who's the better bank to get a loan with?

I relocated to another state with a package paid by my employer. After selling my current home, I am eligible to purchase another in my new state and my employer will foot the closing costs along with a 1% origination fee. I am looking to purchase late next year or into 2012. My employer has "preferred" lenders where the process is much simpler with direct billing. If I select my own mortgage company, I would have to up the costs and be reimbursed. So although I could look into a credit union for financing, it may be better to go with a preferred lender for simplicity's sake.

My option of companies are Bank of America (I am not a fan of them in general), Wells Fargo and Citi. Which of the 3 is best to work with in terms of being smooth with escrow payments, flexible payment plans/options, better customer service, work harder to get you better rates, etc. ? I have some experience with them all in various ways (credit card, car note, checking account), but unsure as to which is best for undertaking a new mortgage.

Any help is appreciated!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Who's the better bank to get a loan with?

I would avoid Bank of America. They are notorious for giving their customers a hardtime with paperwork,etc.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I used a broker and our loan is with Wells Fargo.

I didn't have any issue's. I close tomorrow, hopefully I won't have any issues
Message 3 of 4
MD_chic

How did it end up going? I am thinking heavily about Wells Fargo.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.